In December I helped put together a surprise bridal shower for Alisha with a hot cocoa bar. Shauna was shocked that I could set it up in less than 10 minutes; that’s where my 6 party planning must-haves come into play. Having a tried and true supply list and a general idea of how to set up a table means that I can spend more time being creative and making the display look pretty.
- It is so secret that I love cake stands; I am nearing 40 in my collection and I use them regularly around the house, for photos, and lending them to friends for parties and events. They are functional and add some height to a display for desserts or food. I love basic white cake stands that go with a variety of party themes.
- Another one of my quick party planning tips is color-coordinated foods. Dessert and dinner tables look more pulled together when everything is part of a color scheme. Colored candy is a quick and easy item that can fill jars and bowls on a table; food that doubles as decorations is always a win in my book.
- My family has always been really focused on timeliness. Our wedding started promptly at 4:00 and shocked our venue coordinator and many of our guests. My Dad is very proud that our family runs on “Jay Time”.
Having my parties ready to go when guests arrive is a must for me and having a watch on my wrist keeps me on schedule. I love my new wood watch c/o Jord; the beautiful teal face is so pretty and matches almost everything I have in my closet. Wearing my wood watch means I don’t have to constantly be looking at my phone to check the time, which also means I don’t get distracted with social media notifications. Extra bonus: a pretty women’s watch makes me feel more put together buy propecia 5mg online even if it is the only accessory I have on.
- Having a drink decanter on hand is also a party planning must have. A decanter looks better than just putting a pitcher on a table and it also prevents potential spills from table bumps or kids trying to pour themselves a drink. My decanter has a spout that locks for continuous pouring when you push it all the way down – very helpful when your hands are full and you are trying to fill your cup.
- Colored paper straws to match the rest of my table and for guests to use in their drinks are a must for all my parties. They look great in mason jars or milk glasses on the table and are practical supplies as well. They are an inexpensive way to add some pretty to your party on a budget.
- Another one of my party must-haves is a tassel banner for the wall behind my table or as a decoration on the front of the table. Tassel banners are fun and look so pretty; they are easy to hang up for the party and store easily for future use – I store mine by color in labeled boxes.
Party planning doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take hours to set up a table. A good supply list, some creativity, and punctuality are all you need. I would love to hear your tried and true party tips in the comments; do you use the same 6 party planning must-haves?
As an added bonus, here is an opportunity to win a $25-$100 gift card towards a Jord watch for yourself!
Fill out the entry form HERE
This giveaway ends on 2/26/17 at 11:59 pm. The winning gift card must be used by 4/30/17