I have partnered with Purina® Cat Chow® to support the ‘Nutrition to Build Better Lives’ program. As a part of the Program and I am receiving compensation for this post but all thoughts and opinions are 100% mine. #CatChowCares
Who would have thought that I would become a cat lady? Especially since I am allergic to pet dander and I am NOT a fan of litter boxes. But it is true, I love our cats and I’m pretty sure they love me too.
My family laughs at my frequent social media posts with my furry babies (who am I?) and Houston has to reassure me a hundred times that they will be ok if we go away for the weekend. I just can’t stand to be away from them too long, naughty habits and all (I’m looking at you, Spooks).
So now that I am officially a cat lady, I figured I would share 10 of my cat lady must-haves with you.
1. Cat – The essential part of being a cat lady is being obsessed with a fluffy, opinionated, cuddly, and adorable cat. I guess you can still be a cat lady if your cat is aloof, but I prefer kitty cuddles.
2. Litter Genie – Smelly litter boxes. Need I say more? The Litter Genie saves me four trips to the trash can a day and helps fight the litter box battle.
3. A Cat Mug – Just in case your co-workers haven’t noticed your social media posts, the photo on your desk, or your uncanny ability to mysteriously have a lint roller handy at all times, show your cat lady pride with an adorable mug – I fill mine with hot chocolate.
4. Measuring Cups – Just because they are cute and they make me smile.
5. Lint Rollers/Vacuum – Buy lint rollers in bulk and vacuum frequently. Don’t go cheap on your vacuum selection, the cat fur from your couch will clog the rollers and you will have wasted $30 – trust me. Been there, done that.
6. All you need is love… and a cat pillow – This pillow is perfect for my office and for letting a cat sit on my lap.
7. Pearl Earrings – I can show my classy and cat-lady sides all at once with these pretty earrings. I love pearl earrings, I love cats. Enough said.
8. Cat Tank Top – I couldn’t stop laughing when I saw this cat tank top. Lucky for me, my cat likes to play with drinking straws and not cat toys, or I am sure I would be broke.
9. Cat Lady Pin – This pin would be so cute as an accessory with a black dress.
10. Purina Cat Chow – I like knowing what I am feeding our cats is both delicious and good for them. They love Purina Cat Chow and Spooks will run around my legs while I pour it in her bowl.
Purina® Cat Chow® is our cat food of choice in our house and I was so excited to hear that Purina will donate a meal to shelter cats for every bag of Purina® Cat Chow® that is purchased in the month of July. I get cat food for my cats and Purina® gives food to the fur babies that haven’t been adopted – sign me up! With nearly 3.4 million cats in shelters every year (and that’s only in the United States) every dollar and meal helps care for a cat until they find their forever home.
“Nutrition to Build Better Lives” is such a great program and we are so excited to be partnering with Purina to help talk about it. Now you can help too, by purchasing food for your cat you are helping feed a cat in need. So grab your wallet, head to the store, and pick up a couple bags of Purina® Cat Chow®!
If you’re a cat lady too, then you will love some of these cat posts from some of my friends (and fellow cat ladies):
Adopting Rusty from Ellis and Page
Have a great Wednesday, friends and don’t forget to pick up a bag (or 4) of Purina® Cat Chow® by the end of the month!