This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #cbias #CollectiveBias
The weather in California has finally started to cool down (knock on wood) and it has me craving all things fall. Bring on the pumpkins, hot chocolate, and crisp weather so I can wear a scarf.
I think fall is giving Christmas a run for its money when it comes to my favorite decorating in the house. I love the entryway project I made last year and couldn’t wait to get everything out again and start decorating this year. One thing I always change when I decorate for fall is the fragrances of my candles around the house; in the summer I use fresh and clean fragrances, but in the fall it is all about candles that remind me of baked goods and yummy pies.
I decided to dress up my American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand candles with an easy craft using my new Silhouette machine. The fall candle wrap makes my candles more cohesive when they are on a table or as part of my décor. Doesn’t it look festive?
I pick up my American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand candles at Walmart (in the candle aisle near the home décor department). I love the variety of fragrances that Walmart carries and that the candles burn clean from start to finish – nobody likes ash in their candles, right? Right.
I grabbed an assortment of fragrances that remind me of fall: Homemade Pumpkin Pie, Apple Cinnamon Cider, Sweet and Salty Caramel, and Buttercream Frosting.
How To Make a Fall Candle Wrap
- Cut strips of paper from cardstock with a paper trimmer. I used complimentary colors for the candle I would be wrapping. My paper was 2 inches wide for the large jars and 1.5 inches for the medium sized jar.
- Wrap the strip around the American Home™ by Yankee Candle® brand candle and trim the excess if there is any.
- Mark where to cut out the leaf shape on the strip.
- Use a Silhouette machine to cut out the leaf shape. I purchased this shape from the Silhouette Design Store, but you could use a punch or a design of your own.
- Attach the paper strip to the candle jar with some glue dots.